Frequently asked Questions
Most visa applications are processed and issued in a matter of few working days. However, certain applications might get delayed because of administrative processing.We cannot predict in advance which applications will require administrative processing,nor do we know how long it will take. It's best to apply for your Schengen visa at least 4 to 6 weeks before your scheduled visiting date.
You must possess a passport valid for travel to the Schengen country with a validity date at least six months beyond your intended period of stay in the Schengen country (unless country-specific agreements provide exemptions).
Please obtain a new passport before your interview If:
- Your passport has a validity period less than 6 months counting from your scheduled date of return.
- The film on the biographic data pages ( page with your photos and personal details and back page with parent’s details) of your passport is peeling.
- Your passport is torn, damaged, has been washed or the writing is not clear.
No. If your visa is valid and unmarked or undamaged, you can travel with your two passports together (old and new), if the purpose of your travel matches your current nonimmigrant visa. Additionally, your name and other personal details in both passport's should be similar, should be of the same originating country and same type (both tourist passports or both diplomatic passports)
If the Embassy or Consulate in India is not issuing visas, submit your Schengen visa application to the consulate of the Schengen member state representing this specific country for the visa. Applications can be submitted to:
- Schengen visa application for Greece from Goa must be submitted to the Portuguese Consulate General in Goa, India.
- Submit the Schengen visa application for Slovakia to the Hungarian General Consulate in Mumbai, India.
- Schengen visa application for Slovenia from Goa must be submitted at the Portugal General Consulate in Goa, India.
- Schengen visa application for Iceland must be submitted at the Danish Embassy in New Delhi, India.
- Schengen visa application must be submitted at the Embassy of Switzerland in New Delhi, India.
Yes, both are compulsory. Hotel booking is an important criteria for your visa to go through processing. Insurance is important for the applicant's safety to cover in case of sudden injuries or natural disasters while in Schengen country.
No, the visa fee is not refundable.
Yes, minors (individuals below 14 years) have to be accompanied by a parents or guardian unless both parents have issued an NOC letter stating their approval of the child’s travel without either of them. This NOC and copy of both parent's passport's has to be submitted along with other supporting documents.